Build Your Future
You need a degree that emphasizes sustainability, both for your career and for the projects you manage. At Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University), our online Master of Science in Construction Management degree program teaches you how to build sustainable projects, how to engage in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards and how to bring a global perspective to your projects. Learn in a dynamic online environment that works for your busy schedule.
- Relevant, project-based curriculum
- Faculty of industry experts with real-world experience
- Part of the College of Architecture and the Built Environment
January 8, 2018
Next Start Date
18 - 24 Months
Graduate Level Courses (36 Hours)
- Construction Estimating and Scheduling
- Construction Information Modeling
- Sustainable Design Methodologies
- Management Communications and Negotiations
- Construction Law: Roles and Responsibilities
- Project Finance and Cost Control
- Construction Risk Management
- Sustainable Systems
- Advanced Construction Project Management
- Master’s Project
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) indicates solid growth in construction management through 2024. As construction activity continues to increase in the United States, the need for skilled construction managers will rise as well. Those with our online construction management degree can command good salaries; the BLS reports the median salary for construction managers as $87,400. Graduates of Jefferson’s online MCM degree are qualified for careers such as:
- Construction Manager
- Construction Project Manager
- Project Engineer
- Owners Representative
- Submit a completed online application.
- You will need to submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. An official copy of a transcript is a transcript that is stamped with the school’s seal.
- Foundation Requirements as set by Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University).
- You are required to submit your resume during the online application process. Depending on your undergraduate educational background, additional supporting documents may be required.
- Two letters of recommendation, which can be submitted by you or emailed directly from your recommenders.
- A personal essay that tells Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) about yourself, your interests in our program and your goals as a potential student.