Discover the MBA that’s as innovative as you are.
At Jefferson Online, we don’t believe in the status quo. With our integrated curriculum, you’ll gain the skills you need to make a positive impact in your career through the development and execution of industry-disrupting and customer-centric business models. Our Online Innovation MBA (iMBA) program provides the intellectual tools to interpret current issues for multinational firms, such as foreign exchange markets and associated risk, portfolio effects of capital markets and more. Through our iMBA online program, you’ll also learn to effectively analyze venture opportunities and create viable and practical business plans.
Whether you’re seeking to build your business, problem-solving skills, or are eager to seize entrepreneurial opportunities, our International Graduate Business Trip can help you achieve your goals through industry exposure and experience. This exciting opportunity, which is offered every spring to Thomas Jefferson University MBA students, allows you to explore corporations in countries such as India, Spain, England, China and Australia. Whatever your goal may be, our iMBA online program will transform you into a dynamic problem-solver and entrepreneurial thinker who is ready for career success.
- Apply creative leadership concepts to innovative organizational structures and ethical decision-making
- Strategize and implement plans for global industries
- Utilize product design methodology to identify customer needs, create protypes and develop effective business plans
Next Start Date
18 - 24 Months
Business Foundations (9 credits)
- IMBF 503 Foundations of Economic Analysis
- IMBF 504 Intro to Financial & Managerial Accounting
- IMBF 505 Financial Management
- IMBF 508 Statistical Analysis for Business Decisions
- IMBF 510 Operation Management
Business Core (18 credits)
- IMBA 627 Competitive Technical Intelligence
- IMBA 628 Accounting for Management Decisions
- IMBA 629 Financial Policy & Planning
- IMBA 630 Operations from a Systems Perspective
- IMBA 642 Strategic Insight & Implementation
- IMBA 700 International Economics & Finance
Innovation Core (9 credits)
- IMBA 602 Managing Innovative People & Teams
- IMBA 604 Business Model Innovation
- IMBA 731 Design Thinking in Business
Biopharmaceutical Commercialization Specialization (9 credits)
This concentration enhances your knowledge in biopharmaceuticals with an understanding of the commercialization of advanced medicine, including cell and gene therapies, recombinant vaccines and monoclonal antibodies. Learn key strategies, analytics, regulations and quality standards through our renowned curriculum created in collaboration with our Jefferson Institute of Bioprocessing (JIB) – the only specialized education and training institute in biopharmaceutical processing in North America that combines commercial single-use processing equipment with the internationally recognized National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training (NIBRT) curriculum.
- ENGR 621 Introduction to Biopharmaceuticals and Biologics Production
- ENGR 619 Biopharmaceuticals and Biologics: Regulatory and Quality
- ENGR 620 Biopharmaceutical Commercialization: Strategy and Analytics
Cannabis Business Specialization (9 credits)
The Cannabis Business specialization is designed to equip you with specialized business knowledge and skills specific to the cannabis industry. In the two required courses students will gain an understanding of the emerging issues in the cannabis industry, the cultural and social history of cannabis, cannabis laws and regulations, and major aspects of quality assurance and control in cannabis testing. You have the flexibility to choose one elective course to complete the program and expand your knowledge in cannabis medicine, cannabis science or entrepreneurship.
- CBU 501 Emerging Issues in the Cannabis Industry
- CCT 508 quality Control and Quality Assurance in Medical Cannabis Analysis and Dispensing
Elective Course (choose one)
- CMD 503 Pathology Potentially Responsive to Cannabis
- CMD 504 Conventional & Cannabinoid Therapy of Disease
- CMD 505 Health Implications of Medicinal Cannabis
- CSC 511 Botany and Chemistry
- CSC 512 Forensic Analysis of Cannabis and Cannabis-Derived Products
- CSC 513 Cannabinoid Pharmacology
- iMBA 759 Entrepreneurship
- Internship (approved by PD)
Management Specialization (9 credits)
- IMBA 625 Communication, Negotiation and Creative Economy
- IMBA 714 New Product Development
- IMBA 759 Entrepreneurship
Real Estate Development Specialization (9 credits)
The Real Estate Development specialization introduces the economic, social and physical issues inherent in environmentally and fiscally sustainable real estate and land-use development. Through real-world case studies presented by leading developers, coursework encompasses market analysis and valuation, finance and investment, legal issues of ownership and land-use, public-private partnerships, urban regeneration and adaptive reuse, construction science and management, in addition to multiple design and development paradigms and their long-term local, national, and global impacts. Sustainable strategies inform a curriculum sensitive both to the ethical dimension of development and the parameters of a capital-driven market.
- MRE 601 Sustainable Real Estate Development Process
Choose two of the following
- MRE 604 Case Study: Mixed-Use, Commercial and Health Care Facilities
- MRE 615 Real Estate Finance and Investment
- MRE 620 Case Study: Urban Revitalization, Historic Neighborhoods & Adaptive Reuse
- MRE 625 Real Estate Law & Ethical Practices
- MRE 630 Market Analysis and Valuation
- MRE 638 Public-Private Partnerships
- Tax 789 Real Estate Taxation
An MBA is one of the most valuable and versatile degrees you can earn. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the need for management-level professionals is expected to grow significantly through the year 2024. Roles at this level also command impressive salaries, with the median annual wage at more than $97,000. Graduates of Jefferson Online’s iMBA program are qualified for careers such as:
- Management consultant
- CEO or COO
- Financial analyst
- Marketing manager
- Strategy operations manager
"I want to take the next step in my career and I want to make sure that I am prepared for anything that might come my way. Getting my MBA [at Jefferson Online] has helped me to learn business perspectives beyond just what I know from my own job, in my own industry."
Blair JonesOnline Innovation MBA Graduate Read More
- Submit a completed online application.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. An official copy of a transcript is a transcript that is stamped with the school’s seal. Thomas Jefferson University accepts official transcripts electronically from previously attended institutions. Transcripts should be sent to email@example.com or mailed to:
Transcript Processing Center
Thomas Jefferson University
851 Trafalgar Court, Suite 420
Maitland, FL 32751
- A copy of your resume is required during the online application process. Depending on your background, additional supporting documents may be required.