The degree that prepares you for leadership.
Leadership skills span across industries. Now, take advantage of a flexible degree that will help you unlock your leadership potential with Jefferson Online's B.S. in Organizational Leadership. Learn how to communicate effectively and prioritize organizational objectives, as well as provide operational oversight and other administrative services within a business. Our curriculum helps you hone your oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as deepen your understanding of organizations and workplace environments so you’ll be prepared to excel in a variety of careers.Request Info
Next Start Date
2 - 3 Years
General Education Requirements (21 Credits)
- Written Communication Elective
- Written Communication Elective
- Math Elective
- Science Elective
- COMX 220 Speaking to Lead in the Digital Age
- PHLX 222 Applied Professional Ethics
- Social Science Elective
Foundation Requirements (9 Credits)
- CSSX 101 Learning Across the Lifespan
- FINX 201 Accounting & Finance for Nonfinancial Leaders
- HRMX 201 Intro to Human Resource Management
Creativity & Leadership Core (15 Credits)
- CLCX 310 Creativity Foundations and Applications
- CLCX 320 Creativity in Digital Age
- CLCX 330 Project Management
- CLCX 340 Leading Diverse Organizations
- CLCX 350 Creative Leadership
Major Requirements (15 Credits)
- LDSX 361 Leadership Theory & Practice
- LDSX 365 Behavioral Dynamics in Organizations
- LDSX 368 Organizational Theory & Development
- LDSX 375 Leadership Development
- LDSX 498 Organizational Leadership Capstone
Free Electives (60 Credits)
You may transfer credits earned from successfully completed courses from previously attended, accredited colleges/universities. The transfer credits will be determined from transcripts. Your academic advisor will help you choose courses to complete your degree.
Upon graduation from Jefferson Online, you’ll be prepared for careers that focus on helping workplaces function more effectively. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, professionals in training and development can expect to see career growth through the year 2024 and earn average salaries of more than $57,000 per year. Graduates are qualified for roles such as:
- Organizational development consultant
- Employee development specialist
- Corporate trainer
- Management analyst
- Operations manager
Jefferson Online has a rolling admissions policy that allows decisions to be made as soon as your file is complete.
- Submit a completed online application.
- Provide an official copy of a high school transcript with a posted graduation date or proof of successful completion of a GED program. Home-schooled students are also encouraged to apply for admission. Thomas Jefferson University accepts official transcripts electronically from previously attended institutions. Transcripts should be sent to email@example.com or mailed to:
Transcript Processing Center
Thomas Jefferson University
851 Trafalgar Court, Suite 420
Maitland, FL 32751
- High school and GED accreditation must be recognized by a state, regional, or other accrediting agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- If you have earned credits after high school, you will need to submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. An official copy of a transcript is a transcript that is stamped with the school’s seal.
Once you’ve applied, your enrollment counselor will provide you with an Official Transcript Request form. You should fill this out and return it signed in ink to your Enrollment Counselor. We will work to request your transcripts from any prior institutions on your behalf. You can get a head start on the credit evaluation process by submitting unofficial transcripts of grades and credits for prior coursework to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a statement indicating where you are in the application process.Tuition and Financial Aid Apply Now