An innovative degree for a dynamic technology career.
IT is at the heart of nearly every organization. Now, learn the unique skills you need to lead an IT team to success with Jefferson Online's B.S. in Information Technology. Designed to give you a competitive edge, our curriculum focuses on helping you meet the demands of the constantly changing tech workplace through coursework in networking, database management and more. Integrate your tech knowledge with business management skills for a powerful degree that makes technology change achievable.
Graduates of the B.S. in Information Technology will:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Demonstrate commitment to self-directed lifelong learning to promote personal and professional development.
January 11, 2021
Next Start Date
Continuing students can view the previous curriculum here.
*9 credits must be completed in residence at Thomas Jefferson University.
**12 credits must be completed in residence at TJU.
General Education Requirements (21 Credits)
- English Composition I
- Any ENGL higher than 101
- Math elective (college algebra or higher)
- Science elective
- Speaking to Lead in the Digital Age
- Humanities elective
- Social science elective
Foundation Courses (6 Credits)
- Learning Across the Lifespan
- Financial Concepts for Nonfinancial Leaders
Creativity and Leadership Core (15 Credits*)
- Creativity Foundations and Applications
- Creativity in the Digital Era
- Project Management
- Leading Diverse Organizations
- Creative Leadership
Major Requirements (30 Credits**)
- Introduction to Information Systems
- Hardware and Operating Systems
- Software Development
- Database Management
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Network Management
- Cloud Management
- Cybersecurity Management
- IT Process and Service Management
- Information Technology Capstone
Electives (Up to 48 Credits)
You may transfer credits earned from successfully completed courses from previously attended, accredited colleges/universities. The transfer credits will be determined from transcripts. Your academic advisor will help you choose courses to complete your degree.
Jefferson Online has a rolling admissions policy that allows decisions to be made as soon as your file is complete.
- Submit a completed online application.
- Provide an official copy of a high school transcript with a posted graduation date or proof of successful completion of a GED program. Home-schooled students are also encouraged to apply for admission. Interested applicants should contact 844-331-2745 to discuss application requirements.
- High school and GED accreditation must be recognized by a state, regional, or other accrediting agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- If you have earned credits after high school, you will need to submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. An official copy of a transcript is a transcript that is stamped with the school’s seal.
Once you’ve applied, your enrollment counselor will provide you with an Official Transcript Request form. You should fill this out and return it signed in ink to your Enrollment Counselor. We will work to request your transcripts from any prior institutions on your behalf. You can get a head start on the credit evaluation process by submitting unofficial transcripts of grades and credits for prior coursework to email@example.com, with a statement indicating where you are in the application process.Tuition and Financial Aid Apply Now