An innovative degree for a dynamic technology career.
IT is at the heart of nearly every organization. Now, learn the unique skills you need to lead an IT team to success with Jefferson Online's B.S. in Information Technology Management. Designed to give you a competitive edge, our curriculum focuses on helping you meet the demands of the constantly changing tech workplace through coursework in networking, database management and more. Integrate your tech knowledge with business management skills for a powerful degree that makes technology change achievable.Request Info
March 9, 2020
Next Start Date
General Requirements (24 Credits)
- CSS101 Learning Across the Lifespan (Note: Students start their program with this course)
- Social Science
- Information Systems
Lower Division Electives (Up to 30 Credits)
You may transfer credits earned from successfully completed courses from previously attended, accredited colleges/universities. The transfer credits will be determined from transcripts. Your academic advisor will help you choose courses to complete your degree.
General Education Core (18 Credits)
- Business, Industry and Work in American History
- Globalization and World Politics
- The Social Science of the Workplace
- Financial Accounting
- Professional Communication Skills
- Professional Studies Capstone (Students may take this course when they reach 100+ credits)
Professional Education Core (21 Credits)
- Elements of Organization
- Principles of Management
- Learning with Technology
- Economic Decision Making
- Finding and Evaluating Statistical Data
- Financial Decision Making (Prerequisite: STAT 311)
- Leadership Theory and Ethical Practices
Upper Division Electives (12 Credits)
Your academic advisor will help you choose courses to complete your degree.
Major Concentration (15 Credits)
- Information Technology I
- Information Technology II
- Database Management
- Needs Assessment
- Project Management
Upon graduation from Jefferson Online, you’ll be prepared for many personnel, operations and management careers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, professionals in management-level IT careers can expect to see significant career growth through the year 2024 and earn average salaries of more than $75,000 per year. Graduates are qualified for roles such as:
- Information systems manager
- Software applications specialist
- IT project manager
- Computer systems analyst
- Network administrator
Jefferson Online has a rolling admissions policy that allows decisions to be made as soon as your file is complete.
- Submit a completed online application.
- Provide an official copy of a high school transcript with a posted graduation date or proof of successful completion of a GED program. Home-schooled students are also encouraged to apply for admission. Interested applicants should contact 844-331-2745 to discuss application requirements.
- High school and GED accreditation must be recognized by a state, regional, or other accrediting agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- If you have earned credits after high school, you will need to submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. An official copy of a transcript is a transcript that is stamped with the school’s seal.
Once you’ve applied, your enrollment counselor will provide you with an Official Transcript Request form. You should fill this out and return it signed in ink to your Enrollment Counselor. We will work to request your transcripts from any prior institutions on your behalf. You can get a head start on the credit evaluation process by submitting unofficial transcripts of grades and credits for prior coursework to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a statement indicating where you are in the application process.Tuition and Financial Aid Apply Now