Learn how to make the workplace work.
People are the most critical resource to any industry. Now, learn how to lead a human resources department to success with Jefferson Online’s B.S. in Human Resources Management. The curriculum, which is guided by the Society for Human Resource Management, teaches you relevant skills for working effectively in companies and organizations of all sizes. From the laws governing the workplace to conflict management and more, you’ll gain experience and build a strong foundation to become an HR professional.Request Info
March 4, 2019
Next Start Date
General Requirements (24 Credits)
- CSS101 Learning Across the Lifespan (Note: Students start their program with this course)
- Social Science
- Information Systems
Lower Division Electives (Up to 30 Credits)
You may transfer credits earned from successfully completed courses from previously attended, accredited colleges/universities. The transfer credits will be determined from transcripts. Your academic advisor will help you choose courses to complete your degree.
General Education Core (18 Credits)
- Business, Industry and Work in American History
- Globalization and World Politics
- The Social Science of the Workplace
- Financial Accounting
- Professional Communication Skills
- Professional Studies Capstone (Students may take this course when they reach 100+ credits)
Professional Education Core (21 Credits)
- Elements of Organization
- Principles of Management
- Learning with Technology
- Economic Decision Making
- Finding and Evaluating Statistical Data
- Financial Decision Making (Prerequisite: STAT 311)
- Leadership Theory and Ethical Practices
Upper Division Electives (12 Credits)
Your academic advisor will help you choose courses to complete your degree.
Major Concentration (15 Credits)
- Human Resource Management
- Training and Development
- Compensation and Benefits
- Labor/Management Relations
- Applied Research and Practice in Human Resource Management
Upon graduation from Jefferson Online (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University), you’ll be prepared for a wide variety of careers related to human resources. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, professionals in this dynamic field can expect to see significant career growth through the year 2024 and command average salaries of more than $57,000 per year. Graduates are qualified for careers such as:
- Personnel recruiter
- Human resources specialist
- Training and development coordinator
- Payroll specialist
- Compensation and benefit analyst
Jefferson Online has a rolling admissions policy that allows decisions to be made as soon as your file is complete.
- Submit a completed online application.
- Provide an official copy of a high school transcript with a posted graduation date or proof of successful completion of a GED program. Home-schooled students are also encouraged to apply for admission. Interested applicants should contact 844-331-2745 to discuss application requirements.
- High school and GED accreditation must be recognized by a state, regional, or other accrediting agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- If you have earned credits after high school, you will need to submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. An official copy of a transcript is a transcript that is stamped with the school’s seal.
Once you’ve applied, your enrollment counselor will provide you with an Official Transcript Request form. You should fill this out and return it signed in ink to your Enrollment Counselor. We will work to request your transcripts from any prior institutions on your behalf. You can get a head start on the credit evaluation process by submitting unofficial transcripts of grades and credits for prior coursework to email@example.com, with a statement indicating where you are in the application process.Tuition and Financial Aid Apply Now