Learn how to make the workplace work.
People are the most critical resource to any industry. Now, learn how to lead a human resources department to success with Jefferson Online’s B.S. in Human Resource Management. The curriculum, which is guided by the Society for Human Resource Management, teaches you relevant skills for working effectively in companies and organizations of all sizes. From the laws governing the workplace to conflict management and more, you’ll gain experience and build a strong foundation to become an HR professional.Request Info
Next Start Date
General Education Requirements (21 Credits)
- Written Communication Elective
- Written Communication Elective
- Math Elective
- Science Elective
- COMX 220 Speaking to Lead in the Digital Age
- PHLX 222 Applied Professional Ethics
- Social Science Elective
Foundation Requirements (9 Credits)
- CSSX 101 Learning Across the Lifespan
- FINX 201 Accounting & Finance for Nonfinancial Leaders
- ECNX 231 Economic Decision Making
Creativity & Leadership Core (15 Credits)
- CLCX 310 Creativity Foundations and Applications
- CLCX 320 Creativity in Digital Age
- CLCX 330 Project Management
- CLCX 340 Leading Diverse Organizations
- CLCX 350 Creative Leadership
Major Requirements (24 Credits)
- HRMX 201 Intro to Human Resource Management
- HRMX 305 Staffing & Recruitment
- HRMX 307 Compensation & Benefits
- HRMX 308 Training & Development
- HRMX 341 Employment Law
- HRMX 343 Global Human Resource Management
- HRMX 345 Organizational Development & Change
- HRMX 498 Human Resource Management Capstone
Free Electives (51 Credits)
You may transfer credits earned from successfully completed courses from previously attended, accredited colleges/universities. The transfer credits will be determined from transcripts. Your academic advisor will help you choose courses to complete your degree.
Upon graduation from Jefferson Online, you’ll be prepared for a wide variety of careers related to human resources. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, professionals in this dynamic field can expect to see significant career growth through the year 2024 and command average salaries of more than $57,000 per year. Graduates are qualified for careers such as:
- Personnel recruiter
- Human resources specialist
- Training and development coordinator
- Payroll specialist
- Compensation and benefit analyst
Jefferson Online has a rolling admissions policy that allows decisions to be made as soon as your file is complete.
- Submit a completed online application.
- Provide an official copy of a high school transcript with a posted graduation date or proof of successful completion of a GED program. Home-schooled students are also encouraged to apply for admission. Thomas Jefferson University accepts official transcripts electronically from previously attended institutions. Transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Transcript Processing Center
Thomas Jefferson University
851 Trafalgar Court, Suite 420
Maitland, FL 32751
- High school and GED accreditation must be recognized by a state, regional, or other accrediting agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- If you have earned credits after high school, you will need to submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. An official copy of a transcript is a transcript that is stamped with the school’s seal.
Once you’ve applied, your enrollment counselor will provide you with an Official Transcript Request form. You should fill this out and return it signed in ink to your Enrollment Counselor. We will work to request your transcripts from any prior institutions on your behalf. You can get a head start on the credit evaluation process by submitting unofficial transcripts of grades and credits for prior coursework to email@example.com, with a statement indicating where you are in the application process.Tuition and Financial Aid Apply Now