Gain Real-World Healthcare Skills in a Flexible Online Program
The online B.S. in Health Studies is designed to maximize your skills in various healthcare professions, including dental hygiene, diagnostic medical imaging, medical coding, medical laboratory technology, respiratory care technology, occupational therapy and more. Our fully online health studies degree allows you to tailor coursework toward your future goals and interests. The health studies major can lead to advancement in your healthcare career and open the door to continuing education.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the structure and function of the human body in relation to disease and prevention of illness;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the forces impacting health and healthcare organizations;
- Access, use, and evaluate evidence-based information effectively;
- Exhibit leadership behaviors in preparation to lead effectively in an interprofessional role;
- Apply ethical principles to health scenarios;
- Demonstrate commitment to self-directed lifelong learning to promote personal and professional development.
May 3, 2021
Next Start Date
General Requirements (21 Credits)
- English composition
- English elective (must be higher than 101)
- Humanities elective
- Math elective (must be college algebra or higher)
- Science elective
- Social science elective
- Speaking to Lead in the Digital Age
Foundation Requirements (12 Credits)
- Finding & Evaluating Statistical Data
- Learning Across the Lifespan
- Medical Terminology
- Structure and Function of the Human Body
Creativity and Leadership Core (15 Credits)
A minimum of nine credits must be completed in residence at Thomas Jefferson University.
- Creativity in the Digital Age
- Creativity Foundations and Applications
- Creative Leadership
- Leading Diverse Organizations
- Project Management
Major Requirements (15 Credits)
A minimum of 12 credits must be completed in residence at Thomas Jefferson University.
- Healthcare Ethics
- Health Systems and Policy
- Human Disease and Treatment
- Principles of Public Health and Epidemiology
- Health Studies Capstone
Health Studies Electives (30 Credits)
Your choice of electives from biological sciences, physical sciences, social sciences or health professions.
Free Electives (27 Credits)
Your choice of electives. A minimum of 33 credits must be completed at Thomas Jefferson University.
With Jefferson's health studies major, graduates can effectively use informed decision-making as ethical healthcare leaders. You'll be able to improve the lives of others in many types of healthcare organizations, which are rapidly growing. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, healthcare occupations will add about 2.5 million new jobs from 2019–2029.* With your online health studies degree from Jefferson, you can pursue a career as a:
- Community Health Specialist
- Health Promotion Specialist
- Program Director
Jefferson Online has a rolling admissions policy that allows decisions to be made as soon as your file is complete.
- Submit a completed online application.
- Provide an official copy of a high school transcript with a posted graduation date or proof of successful completion of a GED program. Home-schooled students are also encouraged to apply for admission. Interested applicants should contact 844-331-2745 to discuss application requirements.
- High school and GED accreditation must be recognized by a state, regional or other accrediting agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
If you have earned credits after high school, you will need to submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. An official copy of a transcript is stamped with the school’s seal.
Once you’ve applied, your enrollment counselor will provide you with an Official Transcript Request Form. You should fill this out and return it signed in ink to your enrollment counselor. We will work to request your transcripts from any prior institutions on your behalf. You can get a head start on the credit evaluation process by submitting unofficial transcripts of grades and credits for prior coursework to email@example.com, with a statement indicating where you are in the application process.
*Source: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/home.htmTuition and Financial Aid Apply Now