Make a difference in your community.
Turn your passion for helping others into a profession with Jefferson Online. The fully online, flexible B.S. in Behavioral and Health Services degree provides the knowledge you need for careers that support individuals and communities in managing mental health and other health issues. Through coursework in psychology, counseling, rehabilitation and more, you’ll gain valuable skills you can apply both on the job and for continued study in graduate school.Request Info
October 19, 2021
Next Start Date
General Education Requirements (24 Credits)
- Written Communication Elective
- Written Communication Elective
- STAX 211 Finding & Evaluating Statistical Data
- Science Elective
- COMX 220 Speaking to Lead in the Digital Age
- PHLX 222 Applied Professional Ethics
- PSYX 100 Introduction to Psychology/ Fundamentals of Psychology
- CCSE 101/CSSX 101 Learning Across the Lifespan (Note: Students start their program with this course)
Creativity & Leadership Core (15 Credits)
- CLCX 310 Creativity Foundations and Applications
- CLCX 320 Creativity in Digital Age
- CLCX 330 Project Management
- CLCX 340 Leading Diverse Organizations
- CLCX 350 Creative Leadership
Major Requirements (30 Credits)
- PSYX 251 Abnormal Psychology
- PSYX 253 Developmental Psychology
- PSYX 254 Psychology of Addiction
- PSYX 256 Psychology of Trauma
- PSYX 262 Counseling Psychology
- PSYX 263 Interpersonal Relations & Small Group Dynamics
- BHSX 351 Behavioral Health Policies & Services
- BHSX 353 Human Services Administration
- BHSX 361 Applications of Behavioral Health Research
- BHSX 498 Behavioral & Health Services Capstone
Free Electives (51 Credits)
You may transfer credits earned from successfully completed courses from previously attended, accredited colleges/universities. The transfer credits will be determined from transcripts. Your academic advisor will help you choose courses to complete your degree.
As a graduate of this program, you will gain skills to work with children, teens and adults in your community. This rewarding field is experiencing rapid growth, with the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicting a 23% percent growth rate through the year 2024. You also will be prepared to apply to graduate studies in psychology and counseling. Other career opportunities include:
- Mental health technician
- Residential treatment specialist
- Health services manager
- Community health specialist
Jefferson Online has a rolling admissions policy that allows decisions to be made as soon as your file is complete.
- Submit a completed online application.
- Provide an official copy of a high school transcript with a posted graduation date or proof of successful completion of a GED program. Home-schooled students are also encouraged to apply for admission. Thomas Jefferson University accepts official transcripts electronically from previously attended institutions. Transcripts should be sent to email@example.com or mailed to:
Transcript Processing Center
Thomas Jefferson University
851 Trafalgar Court, Suite 420
Maitland, FL 32751
- High school and GED accreditation must be recognized by a state, regional, or other accrediting agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- If you have earned credits after high school, you will need to submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. An official copy of a transcript is a transcript that is stamped with the school’s seal.
Once you’ve applied, your enrollment counselor will provide you with an Official Transcript Request form. You should fill this out and return it signed in ink to your Enrollment Counselor. We will work to request your transcripts from any prior institutions on your behalf. You can get a head start on the credit evaluation process by submitting unofficial transcripts of grades and credits for prior coursework to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a statement indicating where you are in the application process.Tuition and Financial Aid Apply Now