The degree that prepares you for accounting success.
Jefferson Online’s fully online B.S. in Accounting features a curriculum focused on core accounting fundamentals as well as the latest accounting technology, tax law changes and government regulations. Whether you choose to be a part of the workforce or continue with business graduate study, the online Bachelor's in Accounting will help you achieve your goals.Request Info
March 4, 2019
Next Start Date
General Requirements (24 Credits)
- CSS101 Learning Across the Lifespan (Note: Students start their program with this course)
- Social Science
- Information Systems
Lower Division Electives (Up to 21 Credits)
You may transfer credits earned from successfully completed courses from previously attended, accredited colleges/universities. The transfer credits will be determined from transcripts. Your academic advisor will help you choose courses to complete your degree.
General Education Core (18 Credits)
- Business, Industry and Work in American History
- Globalization and World Politics
- The Social Science of the Workplace
- Financial Accounting
- Professional Communication Skills
- Professional Studies Capstone (Students may take this course when they reach 100+ credits)
Professional Education Core (21 Credits)
- Elements of Organization
- Principles of Management
- Learning with Technology
- Economic Decision Making
- Finding and Evaluating Statistical Data
- Financial Decision Making (Prerequisite: STAT 311)
- Leadership Theory and Ethical Practices
Upper Division Electives (12 Credits)
Your academic advisor will help you choose courses to complete your degree.
Major Concentration (24 Credits)
- Financial Accounting (in General Education core)
- Managerial Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Intermediate Accounting II
- Accounting Theory & Practice
- Federal Taxes
- Cost Accounting
- Advanced Accounting
When you earn your accounting degree from Jefferson Online (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University), you’ll develop the skills needed for entry-level accounting roles, one of the most stable and lucrative fields in the United States. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, accounting has a projected growth rate of more than 13 percent, and salaries are expected to grow 7 percent annually. Graduates of our accounting program are qualified for careers such as:
- Business analyst
- Certified Public Accountant *
- Tax specialist
* with successful completion of the CPA exam
Jefferson Online has a rolling admissions policy that allows decisions to be made as soon as your file is complete.
- Submit a completed online application.
- Provide an official copy of a high school transcript with a posted graduation date or proof of successful completion of a GED program. Home-schooled students are also encouraged to apply for admission. Interested applicants should contact 844-331-2745 to discuss application requirements.
- High school and GED accreditation must be recognized by a state, regional, or other accrediting agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- If you have earned credits after high school, you will need to submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. An official copy of a transcript is a transcript that is stamped with the school’s seal.
Once you’ve applied, your enrollment counselor will provide you with an Official Transcript Request form. You should fill this out and return it signed in ink to your Enrollment Counselor. We will work to request your transcripts from any prior institutions on your behalf. You can get a head start on the credit evaluation process by submitting unofficial transcripts of grades and credits for prior coursework to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a statement indicating where you are in the application process.Tuition and Financial Aid Apply Now